The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Monday, April 1, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 1 - The Eclipse, Route 66 and Utah

 4/1/24

Evening, everyone!

So the next trip is on its way. I'm currently sitting outside Akron, OH for the night on the first leg of this trip. Tonight's stay is curtesy of HarvestHosts in the parking lot at Tim Lally Chevrolet. Kinda cool for a car dealership to let people sleep in their lot.

Locations this trip will be a lot of HarvestHosts spots, a few RV parks, a couple state parks and a mess of BLM (Bureau of Land Management) lands. The western states of the U.S. have quite a few, a lot to be honest, of locations you can pull in, sleep for up to two weeks, and just exist. 

First, I'm heading to St. Louis, Missouri to pick up Bridget, Dilon and Clay for an eclipse party. It's going to be awesome. Here's the link for the festival if you're interested.


Pic of the 'swamps' to compare to in May when I head home

Leelu is with me again and loving being on the road.


To quickly run through the next few weeks so you can follow along... we're in Blackwell, MO from Thursday late night until Tuesday morning. Then I drop the kids back off at the airport, turn my sights to Route 66 and motor off. I'll be on Route 66 for a while, singing the song from Cars over and over again as I hit all the stops called out in it. 

I'll be in AZ for a moment and then head to CO for a quick overnight. Then, off to Utah. Once in UT I'll be there for quite a while, learning, photographing and wandering around through the rocks. Ben will be hanging with me for a week in late April to celebrate my 50th birthday!!!

Come along with us as we traipse across a good portion of the country.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...