The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 1 - Der Dutchman, Bellville OH

 On the road again... to Lousiana and points beyond.

This morning I headed out with Leelu heading toward Bellville, OH. Today's jaunt was to test out Leelu's ability to handle traveling and to get me a few hours into my journey. The road was easy, mostly sunny and traffic was light.



Tonight we're staying at the Der Dutchman in Bellville, OH. This is a HarvestHosts location and super easy to get to. The food? Very good. I was expecting more German-based offering but it's really just homemade 'comfort' food. Meatloaf, roast chicken, fried fish, that kind of thing. The chicken gravy is really good and Leelu loved it too.

Yes, yes, I know. I'm supposed to be eating 'good' which means not eating restaurant food, but I'm giving myself the ability to have some yummy. I'll go back to vegan tomorrow. :P



Really other than the ride and food it was a quiet day. We're going to watch some t.v. and head to bed early. Tomorrow we're heading to Kentucky. A much shorter drive. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...