The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Chapter 1 - Day 14 - GEORGIA AQUARIUM and Core Memories

 I slept so well, which meant Clay didn't. We don't seem to have similar nights. If it's too quiet, sans street noises, Clay doesn't sleep well. Me? I love the quieter places.






After a quick pitstop for caffeine and donuts we headed into Atlanta. I wasn't looking forward to the drive, but it honestly wasn't too bad.

Once there we had a very nice police officer let us know where we could park the Beast and then hoofed it from that parking lot to the aquarium. 

I'm going to just say this one thing, then let the pics tell the story. There are few things I experience anymore that I would say are 'core memories', things so important or impressive that they rank up there with top experiences. Things like seeing the Louvre, going to Pompeii, driving to the Netherlands and seeing the tulip fields... those are all top memories I have. Today added another.












I could have sat in front of their big tank for hours. It was amazing.

Tonight we're staying near Charlotte NC. Yes, we drove from Atlanta this afternoon. I'm done. Tired and sick of driving, but it was an epic day. Oh, and Atlanta traffic? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...