The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Monday, February 12, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 2 - Kentucky hills

 The night was quiet and we both slept well. I wasn't sure how Leelu would do sleeping in the camper near truckers, traffic and a hotel, but she did great. This morning bloomed grey and chilly, but for early Feb I'll take it. Oh, and I'm sure you're all worried about Leelu's pooping situation. I know, you're not, but she did in fact poop today. So that's a win.

As we were leaving I spotted this a cool diner on the hill. It wasn't open, so no diner food for me, but I did swing by to take some pics. That's the Buckeye Express Diner.




The travel today was slight, 3 hours to Glencoe, KY to stay at the Gallatin County Kentucky Fairgrounds. We took one potty stop but other than that it was a straight shot. The drive was uneventful and mostly sunny. My favorite type of travel experience.

Leelu has adopted the floor between the driver and passenger seat as her location so I threw a few blankets down for her. I still keep her harnessed and plugged into the seatbelt for safety but she's fine to be on the floor.

The fairgrounds are gorgeous as you'll see in the below pics. The soft rolling hills are beautiful. We're also parked back away from the road so we should have minimal noise tonight. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...