The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 3 - Rain acomin'

My apologies, GLORIA, for this being late. LOL For whatever reason the photos weren't behaving and what's a blog without pics? Boring, that's what it is. So, without further ado...


***********************************

 The morning dawned greyer than I wanted. This location has got to have some of the most beautiful sunrises. But, alas, it was too grey for anything pretty. It's fine, I made French press coffee, first round of this trip and it's delicious.





It's Monday, which means I'll be working here in Gallatin County and then we'll hit the road this afternoon heading diagonally across the state to Hodgeville KY to Hinton's Orchard and Farm Market. I'm bummed they are closed for the season. But Leelu and I will wander the orchards to see how much farther along their trees are compared to ours at home. NOTE: It rained all night, or at least most of it. Which stopped any thought of wandering. Even Leelu was quick to do her business and get back in the camper.



The drive into Hodgeville was adorable. New Haven is absolutely quaint. Yes, I said it. the main street is cute with older buildings repurposed. And there's a train museum. When I messaged my brother that I vote for New Haven as his new home, he's looking to move to Kentucky, he laughed and said that's exactly where he's looking to settle. There's a distillery here I'm supposed to visit and a monkery... abbey... whatever that makes fudge. I'll be checking that out tomorrow.

I stopped at the IGA in Hodgeville to get a few groceries before heading to the farm for the night. As you'll see below this is a great location. Other than the rain I couldn't ask for anything nicer.

And it rained. Did I say that? It RAINED. Supposedly it turned to slush but we hunkered down and cross-stitched while it pounded away at the camper.

A wild Leelu showing her ability to camouflage in her natural habitat 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...