The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 4 - Sunshine and Bourbon... or not

 This morning started and ended beautifully. The sun came up and was bluebird skied. Temps were chilly and the grass was crunchy-frozen. I loved hearing all the birds, specifically the killdeer. I love their calls. Hinton's Orchard and Farm Market (cue plug for the location) was wonderful, and of course a HarvestHosts location.





I didn't end up going to the distillery. I was going to swing by there before heading out toward Tennessee. But, according to my bourbon aficionado brother, Log Still Distillery and Monk's Road Bourbon is the best he's had.  The drive was beautiful. The roads I started off on were backwoods, bendy but were well worth the driving gymnastics.





I arrived at South 40 Farm in Franklin, TN in the late afternoon. As I'm beginning to expect the host is wonderful and helpful. I got situated and hooked up to electric quickly and efficiently while all the dogs met. I'll post photos from the morning tomorrow. It's another gorgeous location.

Sleep well my friends,
Mother and the furry spawn (hmmm... not sure I like that sign off)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...