The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 2 - Ohio and beyond

 4/2/24

I've started dating the days so I can better keep up in a few weeks when everything blends together. 

Today was rainy. Rainy and more rain, but I made it around Dayton OH for the night. Another HarvestHosts location, Holdfast Farms in Medway, OH. They're an alpaca farm and really convenient to I70. The drive was fine and getting into a parking spot was easy. They actually have a couple with electric, so took the opportunity to charge everything.

Because I'm on a deadline to make it to St. Louis by Thursday afternoon I'm being a little more aggressive with my drives for the next couple of days. It's closer to 4 hours a day vs the 2 to 2-1/2 I'd been doing in the last trip. Which means, just not much happening other than driving.

The farm is cute as are their cuddly critters. The alpaca are friendly and were looking for food along with being inquisitive about Leelu. She was not as interested in getting close to them as they were. I think the goats at Snow White's Sanctuary really made her afraid of large furry creatures. BUT, she did make nice with the farm dogs.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...