The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 3 - Hi and bye to Indiana

 Today's drive is a straight shot through Indiana. I started in Medway OH at the alpaca farm and headed out on I70 all the way through Indiana

The owners of the farm were friendly and I learned quite a bit about alpaca fibers that I didn't know before. Did you know alpaca doesn't have lanolin in it? I didn't know that either. So if you're irritated by wool and/or lanolin you can try alpaca and probably won't see the same issues. 

The trip through Indiana was fine. Rainy and windy, but pretty easy. My next stop was at Richards Farm Restaurant in Casey, IL. Yep, you guessed it, another HarvestHosts location. When I was pulling onto the dead end road the place is located on I spied a sign for the World's Largest Pitchfork. No joke. And it was at the restaurant. Double score.




Oh, and this place had the BEST fish fry I've ever had. That coming from a fish fry enthusiast is saying something.

Tomorrow I head to St. Louis to get the kids. Should be an easy travel day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...