The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 4 - Waiting on the kids

 4/4/24

The day bloomed meh with a healthy dollop of blah. Rainy, cold and just yucky. BUT here in Illinois there are flowers blooming!





I had some camper stuff to accomplish today, including dumping the tanks. Off to Love's I went to take care of that and get gas before heading toward St. Louis. Firstly, have I sung the praises to Love's yet? I mean, they are just the best. The dump station was clean, they came right out with the key, the water spigot was easy to use. All in all a pleasant (as well as it can be when dealing with grossness) experience. 

One of the other great things about Love's is they just trust you to do the right thing. The attendant said to lock the pipe when I was done and come in and pay when I was ready. I had to get gas too, so I filled up the gas tank, wandered into the store to get some goodies, and at no time was their pressure from anyone to take care of stuff.

The trip to St. Louis was shorter than the last few days. Just about 2 hours from the restaurant. Add in the cleanout stop and all that I made it to the Walmart I was getting groceries from earlier than anticipated, which gave me time to take a short nap before grabbing the groceries.



I'll end this and post before I actually get the kids, but expect some craziness in tomorrow's post. I have to maneuver The Beast at the airport, find the 'bus' parking and hope I don't try to go under something too short. Wish me luck! 

Mom and Leelu... pending arrival of The Spawn, The Eldest, The Son in Law 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...