The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Friday, February 16, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 6 - Change in plans

 I awoke this morning with the blahs. You know, that time when all you want to do is curl up with ice cream and the t.v. remote. I've got that today. And not only do I have to work (ugh) but I wasn't going to have electric hookup for days. That, my friends, has changed. I've booked a 2 day stay at Purdie Creek Campgrounds in Mississippi for a reprieve. Full hookups, including water, I can flush the waste tanks, take a shower in something larger than a shoebox, and I can sleep with no road noise for a couple of nights. This country girl is getting the grumps from interstate and city noise.

That's the joy of this kind of traveling. I can change my mind literally on the fly. Now, for a planner 'on the fly' is usually in the morning, with multiple tabs open on my computer and updating a spreadsheet... but come on, there needs to be some sort of planning. Right?!

Okay, enough complaining. The weather is looking gorgeous. Should be around 60 degrees around 3pm. Daffodils were up and open on I-40. The birds are in full nesting mode. 

Oh, and did I tell you I was staying at a museum?! I'll let the pics speak for themselves but I am creating an entire Pandora station just for the musicians that came out of this county. Amazing! Five different mini museums were in this location. And very well done. 












And after a couple of hours driving this is where I'm staying until Saturday. The gravel is really river stone or glacial stone, all in shades of rust and reds. Very pretty to be honest. I'll be collecting some for Ben to tumble.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...