The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 7 - The big sigh

 There really, and I mean this complete, is nothing like a good night sleep and woodsy noises. I slept so well last night. There was a barred owl someplace near serenading us last night. The few trucks or dogs that were around didn't bother either of us. Once I was asleep I didn't move until 7am when my alarm went off.




The day is perfect. Mostly sunny, slight breeze, 70 degrees. Just... perfect.

Leelu has been napping on the couch and watching the birds, we took a walk at lunch time around the pond and there were bullfrog tadpoles. I collected a few rocks. Ordered lunch in. 

Just perfect.

Tonight we're staying here again and tomorrow we head into Lousiana. I'm well rested and ready to move on. I needed the break it seems. Oh, and I've been working on some cross stitch. Those that know me and crafts... I came with cross stitch, crocheting, gem art, embroidery, coloring books and watercolor painting stuff. The last few nights its been cross stitch but who knows when that will change. :D

Love to you all from me and Leelu. We both hope your weekends are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...