The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 8 - Ooops, forgot to post

I'm currently sitting in Monroe, LA, but that's not what this post is about. Nope. I missed a day, or didn't sit down to write at least.

Saturday we woke well rested, walked around the pond at the campground, and packed up to drive to Corney Lake South End Campground in Louisiana in the Kisatchie National Forest. It was a lovely drive that I spent a lot of time looking around during. For once I traveled on smaller highways and could gawk to my heart's content.



I saw catfish ponds. B.B. King's museum, a Jim Henson museum (no, I didn't stop... should have and will hit it on the way back home I think).

The drive was long-ish, about 5 hours, from Grenada MS to the campground. But once again it was a good drive. I've been listening to podcasts about serial killers. I could chalk it up to research for a book but it's not really, I just find them fascinating.

Oh, and stopped at a cool park out by the Mississippi for Leelu to pee. I could have camped here if I wanted. Pretty cool. And yes, that's a couple of ships on the water. It was windy.




Crossing the Mississippi River on Route 82.




It slowly clouded up while we drove and was pretty chilly once we got into the campground.




Good night everyone. Stay safe and warm.

Mother and Leelu Dallas Multipass Barry (That's her full name on her vet records)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...