The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 9 - Sunshine and Solar Panels

Before I get into my lovely morning I wanted to talk about National Park lands, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and State Parks. Corney Lake is an example of a National Forest where some places allow camping in designated areas for free or a nominal fee. This is true for State Parks and BLM's as well. Out west the BLM camping is amazing and plentiful, but if you've ever tried to find something similar in NY? Forget about it. Our state parks are run by a different type of philosophy. But, anyway, Corney Lake was not a HarvestHosts location. I found it on Campendium and Dyrt sites when I was looking for free, dispersed or boondockable places.


 We woke earlier than expected by a plethora of squirrels. Those furry bastards were taunting Leelu from literally day break. But, it's okay. I forgive them. We enjoyed a high-spirited tug-o-walk around the park before breakfast. Very chilly and exhilarating. The day dawned sunny so once we'd spent some time calmly watching all of the windows for a while I was allowed to read in peace. 


On the way out of the forest I saw some daffodils and had to stop for a pic. 


 After lunch we headed for a short drive to Monroe, LA to our next destination. The Chennault Aviation and Air Museum is another HarvestHosts destination. The museum isn't open until Tuesday, I didn't realize that President's Day would close so many places. But I will be back to wander their halls and park later this week. For now... enjoy the photos and know the sun powered this installment of the saga.




Solar panel to the camper from Zamp Solar that wires directly to the RV via a standard port from this manufacturer. And solar panel/power cube combo from GoalZero.

Hugs and Kisses,

Mom and Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...