The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 10 - Bring me more wine

 I'm adding a few night shots from last night because planes look even cooler at night.




The sleep wasn't great. There was a train line close enough to wake us at 2:14am and then every 40 mins after. BUT, it's all good. The morning was crisp and sunny. Seems that's the normal for me right now. I did get the solar panels up and running again this morning.

We aren't going far today and we headed to a National Wildlife Reserve, Black Bayou Lake, before heading to tonight's stay.

Black Bayou Lake is just north of Monroe, LA. Gorgeous boat launch and walking path.








Oh, and yeah, I'm staying the night at a vineyard. What?! Wine? Yessss. I'm actually camped behind the vineyard on a little hill. Very quiet. I'm hoping for a good night's sleep. Landry Vineyard actually has everything from boondocking and full hookup camping. I paid for the full hookup so I could dump the waste tanks and just use electric willy nilly. I booked through Dyrt, but there's multiple ways to book here.




I'll be grabbing some wine tomorrow on the way out as we head to another National Wildlife area we'll be boondocking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...