The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 22 - Happy Earth Day and Arches National Park

If you've followed along with my blog you know that I've had a life-changing visit to the Georgia Aquarium. That was a bucket list, amazing day. Right?! So, what can top that? Arches National Park. It's a Journey to the Center of the Earth kind of experience. Yes, Moab is beautiful and has red rock everywhere. Yes, there are cool things to look at around Moab and the surrounding areas. Nothing, though, prepared me for the moment we crested the top of the bluff. It really is like entering another world. The moment you get to the top your given the most spectacular vista. Life changing.

From a science geek perspective the park is amazing, from just a tiny human perspective... it's mind blowing. I did buy an audio tour that's triggered by GPS locations and that made a world of difference. To hear about the native tribes and the geological structures added so much extra flavor to an already abundantly spiced day. See what I did there? 

I'll put a few of the photos I took below. I took close to 200 so if you're interested in seeing more let me know. I spent about 4 hours in the park between driving, taking photos and working... by the way, what a surreal experience to be taking conference calls and playing in excel sheets while looking out the window at this stuff. 

Enjoy the pics.















Oh, and we slept with the cows in outside Moab, Fallen Office Peace Trail.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...