The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 23 - HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY TO ME

 4/23/24

Well, I made it. 50 big ones. I know, I can't believe it either. So, what did I have planned today? Well, work, and driving, and then... Mystic Hot Springs tub soak.

My first move was fairly early seeing I didn't have internet with the cows. We didn't go far, just hopped on I70 for a few miles and found a nice open place in Floy to work for the day. Oh, and I finally saw my first snake! I think it was a gopher snake or a faded snake. Either way I know it wasn't a rattler. Don't tell my mom, but yeah, I had to go take a look.




I continued on I70 forever until Richfield, which means I experienced all of Utah's glories in one road. Red towering rock formations, earth folds and fault line goodness, mountains, snowy plains... it was spectacular and The Beast did fine.








I stopped at a taco shop, Playa Azul Taco Shop, for some fish tacos and churros before arriving to Mystic Hot Springs. I'll be camping here tonight as well. And, yes, some of the busses are decked out to allow for staying in them.





The hotsprings? Amazing. You can click on the link and read about the history and how the rock is forming as I sat in the tub. Very cool experience. There are two big pools and 5 or 6 cast iron tubs that the hill is slowly trying to swallow. Oh, and the water is 99 to 110 degrees F. The tubs are hotter as the water is literally coming out of the ground feet above your head and cascading down. The bigger pools are cooler due to the water traveling above ground for a few feed.


Boo, no wine for me!



One of the pools

I'm closing out my night was a little reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...