The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Friday, March 8, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 26 and 27 - Baby Alligators are SO CUTE

Day 26 was just a weird travel day. I took the better way, less muddy, out of Lake Fausse. I headed to Broussard and Breaux Bridge area. I spent the night at Champagne's Swamp Tours on Lake Martin. But before I arrived there I got food and worked in the Walmart parking lot. 

Day 27. Oh, all the baby alligators. So, obviously I took a tour. Right? Right! 

The morning started very muggy. VERY. I buttoned up the camper and turned on the AC to get it dried out. So glad that trick worked. I left it running for Leelu when I went for my tour. She deserves AC when it's gross out.

The tour was great! Pics are below. But we saw two ospreys, cooper's hawk, yellow belly turtles, great blue heron, great white egret, cormorants, a couple of ducks and probably some other things I've forgotten. Tour pics are below.

Once that was done I went for an oil change (if you're ever in Breaux Bridge check out Rees Street Lube) then on my way to New Iberia to hang out in the Iberia Market Garden for a couple of days.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...