The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Saturday, February 24, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 13 Bonnie and Clyde

 The morning started balmy. I'm not sure I've ever used that in an actual sentence, but it is. Mid-60's at 7am and sticky. Leelu found something worth four minutes of intense sniffing before we wandered back to the camper after potty time. She rarely does that, so it's worth noting. :D

Solar panels are deployed for both the camper and the power cube. Thank the gods of camping that I had it last night. I broke out the mini fan, and no it's not a 12-v... which is going to be purchased asap. The power cube did its job and kept the fan running all night.

I know, I know, enough with the mundane. You all want Bonnie and Clyde. If you don't know their story there are a few really good documentaries on Youtube. The biggest thing to note is that if they weren't young, attractive and the story being titillating during the time I don't think anyone would still remember them. But, they were and the story was.

Before I share photos from the museum, if you haven't done any kind of research on these two you might want to. It's an interesting depression-era Romeo and Juliet story. Two poor kids who wanted more. There's ties to Dillinger, Pretty Boy Floyd, and a few other notorious villains from the early 30's.



I was listening to a documentary today after I visited the museum and it was said that Bonnie and Clyde came at the exact right moment for America's populous. People wanted a story that wasn't about how bad things were, didn't want a story about how great 'the man' was. They wanted lovers on the run, taking what they wanted and sticking together to death.
















I have so many more photos. If you're interested in the whole set let me know and I'll invite you to a google folder.

The next two nights I'm staying in Cypress Black Bayou Recreational Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...