The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 26 - More rain and mud... slime... gross

 4/26/24

The rain picked up quite early in the morning so I abandoned the cow pasture spot I'd been in overnight. I drove north on I15 for a few miles and found a turnoff that was supposedly gravel to park in for work. It, um, wasn't really gravel. Leelu and I learned quickly that a quarter inch of 'gravel' when wet turned into a slick, slimy, thick coating of ugh.

I stopped stepping out with Leelu and just had to clean the muck off her paws. Each time her paws looked like concrete shoes.

After work I drove north again, getting closer to Provo and Spanish Forks. I found some National Forest camp locations, Sheep Creek Dispersed Camping. The road had opened last week, which was great. We slipped and slid across the ground until we found a pretty level spot. The weather was threatened snow with a potential of a couple inches. 

For the first time since I started this trip I didn't take any photos for the day. It was grey and gross. Anyone that lives in wintery spring can guess the colors of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...