The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 27 - Ben, Swimming and Coffee

 4/27/24

I woke early, glad to see there wasn't snow on the ground. I wanted to get into Salt Lake City early to pick up coffee beans and start my day. The slow roll out of Sheep Creek was fine. I was definitely glad that it hadn't snowed, hadn't rained more, and that The Beast is great in slick slime.

The trip into Salt Lake was easy. Ben and I had found Salt Lake Roasting Co. and had decided we needed 'good' coffee for his visit. I grabbed a pound of Morning Thunder and a pound of Columbia Decaf full beans. I bought a lemon-poppyseed scone and a large chai. The chai was amazing as was the scone. I'm hoping the coffee is just as good.

Ben's first flight into Chicago was mostly on time and easy. The flight from Chicago to SLC was delayed nearly three hours. Which means I found a Walmart parking lot to hang out in, eat, make coffee, shower, etc. I love being in a driveable apartment. It makes things so much easier.



Ben is onboard The Beast. First stop, Heber City for some mexican food, then we went to Homestead Crater to swim. The crater was pretty cool. We spent 45 minutes bobbing around in the water with lifejackets on. It's 65 feet deep and fairly clear. There were scuba learners sharing the space with us as well.


From there we drove to Nunn's Park at the base of Bridal Falls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...