The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 23 - Vermillionville Heritage and still no alligators

 Good morning! I know, I've been slacking. Photos take a while to move through the Google-verse, and when I'm on crappy wifi it takes that much longer. My excuse and I'm sticking to it. 

I spent the night in the parking lot of the Vermillionville Heritage Village in the lovely town of Lafayette. Definitely a unique HarvestHosts location. If you're from WNY think a Cajun version of Genesee Country Museum. I've linked it for everyone, because it definitely is a neat place to visit if you're ever around Rochester, NY. But I digress. For everyone else, it's a collection of historic buildings that exemplify the times and ingenuity of the people during that time.










There were a few other campers there with me. I'm guessing from either Quebec or from France. Either way this would be a heritage visit for them as well. I'll post more about the Quebec connection if I get over to the Acadian Culture Center later this week.

Anywho, the stay was good. We're waiting for a low front to come through with some rain... which means the humidity is, well, thick. I could feel it moving over my skin like a breeze. Weird experience but fully reminds me of Disney World.

I was parked next to Vermilion Bayou and there were a couple of ponds around the parking lot as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...