The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 20 - No Gators... I'm sad

 We had quite the cold front come through overnight. Which means no alligators for YOU. It was 52 in the camper. Now, three weeks ago I would have grabbed a blanket and been fine. I've been in the south and warm weather long enough to acclimate. I turned on the heat and still bundled up. 

The morning was grey and threatened rain all day but we really only saw a few sprinkles on our way to the next location. BUT, before we headed off to Bundick Lake Retreat Center & RV Park for the next couple of days we went to Alexandria to see a few things. Okay, to get donuts and see a thing. 

Shipley's Do-Nuts and Salted Carmel ColdBrew- iced

Giant crawfish at Crawfish Daddy's

Then off toward DeRidder and the RV park. Now, if you've been following along you've probably asked yourself, why isn't she staying at more HarvestHost locations? Well, in Louisiana there aren't really that many in certain areas of the state. I'd love to see that change but it is what it is. So, I'm supplementing with the Federal land stops, by far my favorite places so far, and RV parks. 

The RV parks are nice because you get all the hook ups and I'm finding electricity during work days is tough unless it's SUNNY out. Even a hint of cloud and my system can't keep up with the demand. Probably something I'm currently working on fixing, just saying. 

I'm parked here until Saturday morning when I head toward Lake Charles area. BUT, there will be some haunted location visiting before I'm completely out of the area. Stay tuned for that. I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...