The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 19 - Valentine Lake and the windsday

Woke up to a Windsday. If you aren't a fan of Winnie the Pooh or Disney World you might not get the reference. Here's a link to the ride through of Pooh's ride.


Front coming in with cool weather and the wind


Left the Pecan Orchard and headed 45 mins south to Valentine Lake. This is federal land that you can fish, boat, camp, etc on. I'm on the north side of the lake, right on the water. Today's agenda is yet again another veg night. On my way tomorrow I'll be doing some site seeing but I'm enjoying just... enjoying.








This location is gorgeous. There aren't hookups so I'm dry camping. But with everything prepped before I left the Orchard it's all good. I have the solar panels out charging both the GoalZero powerpack and the Zamp panels for the camper. 

I'm hoping for a gator sighting but the weather has turned a little cooler, so unsure that'll happen. The crows are talking and seeing it's just me and the host... it's really quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...