The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Chapter 2 - Day 15 - Shreveport, Bass Pro and other goodies

 Another gorgeous morning. We had to leave by 10am from the park but we were up early. So, took a great shower in the bathhouse. For a park shower room it was amazing. No spiders, dirt, nothing.

Then, chores. I needed groceries and to do laundry. Both absolutely had to be done today. I stopped at the Brook's Brothers... Brookshire... one of those. Did my grocery shopping, grabbed cash and headed right around the corner to a laundromat. We'd attempted laundry first but I didn't have cash to get quarters with. Doh.

From laundry we headed to Bossier City to see a few things. First, the 14 story mural:



Then the Dalmatian (I only saw it during the day but I snagged a pic of it from the internet so you can see what it looked like at night)


Borrowed from Roadside America - Jennifer Nugent


Some other cool stuff to take pics of:





Bass Pro allows dogs in, so Leelu had the time of her life visiting with every single human. Because, you know they all love her and were there to see her.



Then to the Shreveport Waterworks Museum. A very cool historical site of the last remaining steam driven water pump. It closed its doors in 1986!!















Headed to the HarvestHosts farm we were staying the night at. They currently raise white tail deer. Very cool. And they invited us to hang out at their bonfire. I entertained a 3rd grader and her little pre-k-4 brother. Great way to end the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...