The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Monday, January 8, 2024

Chapter 1 - Cedar Camp - day 2

 I needed a post for the NON-water related stuff. 

I started my day with French Press coffee, because honestly how else do you start your day? We're using the kettle from my parent's camper and their mugs too. I'd inherited the camper but it was too small for what I had in mind. But all the goodies are now alive and well with us in the rv.



As I sat with my work computer logging in the sun came out. What a beautiful thing. It's one of the many reasons we're heading out. I can't do grey all the time. It never really warmed up a ton today, but the sun felt great through the window.


Today was the first truly remote remote day. I mean, I work remote every day, but from home. Today was the first day out on the road and it was perfect. I have dual screens to play on, meetings are easy with this set up as well. Bring on the rest of the trip and year. 

This second screen actually is chargeable. I bought it through Amazon and it's amazing. It holds about 4 hours of power, so mid-day I do need to plug it in either to the RV or to the power cube. It uses HDMI right into my computer and was super simple to extend my screen to. Without a second screen I'm not sure I could do this.





Clay slept in until I started having meetings, but that's okay. He did school on the couch and employed some sensory techniques to keep focused. He's crocheting a blanket at the moment. Giving his hands something to do while listening to a lecture increases his ability to retain information. It's amazing what we've learned about neurodivergency!












Here's some more fun pics from the day. Other than going to get propane and Chinese food it was just a typical camp day.




Oh, and we're tied at Uno still. 2-2. Tomorrow is work and then heading to Auburn Kentucky. Hoping the wind doesn't pick up until we're settled there. Good night from the mother and spawn.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...