The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 9 - On the road again

 4/9/24

We were up really early to head for St. Louis airport. The ride was fine, although Dilon learned why seatbelts are important when in the RV. Also learned how to tell if our grey tank is really full or not. During the same breaking event Dilon ended up on the floor, suitcases slid around and the grey water sloshed into the shower. 

After dropping the kids off I headed to a Walmart to work for the day. I love Walmart parking lots because they tend to be mostly level and almost always have plenty of parking for me to grab.

Hitting the road was exciting. I drove old Route 66 (route 100 now) from Walmart to my overnight accommodations. Historical Route 66/ West St. Louis KOA. The drive was sorta anti-climatic but I can't expect awesome stuff every mile, right?






Missouri has:

313 miles of route 66

I'm not driving all of it, because I started south of St. Louis, but there are a LOT of iconic things to see. Expect photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...