The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 15 - Dry, dry, dry and windy

 4/15/24

The morning started beautiful. I had no idea air could get this dry. For real. 10% humidity. How is that possible?  Anywho, the day started sunny and perfect. Breezy, warm and sunny. I hooked up the solar panels before starting to work.



Oh, and I promised months ago to go over what a mimo antenna was, how it works with Travlfi or the Verizon puck. Today is the day. If you look at the photo above you'll see the weird yellowed things on the white pole. That is the mimo antenna. They amplify existing cellular bars as long as you point it toward the cell tower. I don't know how it works, but it can hook directly into the Travlfi router I have.

This was the only way I could have internet. I went from 1 mbps to about 20 mbps. Quite the improvement with nothing but a telescoping stand!

The wind kicked off around 11am and steadily got stronger throughout the day. Leelu and I stayed in side most of the time while I worked and then worked on a cross-stitch.

Tomorrow, after the wind dies down a little, we head to Albuquerque, NM for a night at a RV park that has some amazing metal artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...