The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 34 through 40 - The Long Journey Home

 5/4 to 5/10/24

The original plan was for me to stay in Utah for an additional week and then take the slow roll home on Route 20. That pathway is supposed to be similar to Route 66 in it's historic and nostalgic overtones. BUT... that's not what happened.

Instead I dropped Ben at the airport in the morning on the 4th and started heading East. Good thing, too, because there were storms brewing with the promise of 75+ mph wind gusts across the mountains and plains.


The drive home was a blur. I stayed the first night in WY (Saturday). Then was stuck in Nebraska for three nights because of the winds (Sun, Mon, Tue). Wednesday night I was in Iowa, then Illinois Thursday. Friday morning I woke and headed east with the plan to stop at somepoint and sleep. Instead I powered through and made it home Friday at 9pm.

I didn't take photos, didn't stop at sights, didn't try to find cool things to do. I just needed to get home. But what photos I did take are below:

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...