The journey, not the arrival, matters. T.S. Elliot

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Chapter 3 - Day 11 - Route 66 Car Museum and Parking Lot

 4/11/24

Oops, I've been remiss for a few days. 

I was supposed to stay at the Route 66 Car Museum in Springfield MO, but because I needed to be closer to Oklahoma for a shorter drive on Friday morning. BUT, I did stop at the museum, and it was really cool. All of the cars there are for sale, most of them drive, and if I had the money I'd buy a few.













Oh, and on the way I stopped at the "world's largest gift shop" and a pretty big candy shop. 




From Springfield, MO, I drove another hour and parked in Route 66 Parking. Had some deer come visit in the field next to us.

Saw some other things along the way as well.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4 - Weekend 2 - Hazlitt's and Friend Matt's Camp

 7/12-7/14 Ben suggested a quick weekend, which I jumped on. In scanning over Harvest Hosts for a quick location I nearly shouted with exci...